General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – DATA PROTECTION NOTICE AND CONSENT
Your privacy is important to us
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3. Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4. Accurate and kept up to date.
5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
6. Kept securely.
Lawful use of your information without needing your consent
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
1. Where we need to answer your enquiries and application, to perform and administer the tenancy agreement we enter into with you and to process payments.
2. Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
3. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Use of your information when your consent is needed
4. We may need to put cookies onto your computer to best achieve the purposes set out above.
5. We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers such as the Homelet referencing company (Barbon Insurance Group Limited), the suppliers of utilities to the property, and contractors hired to carry out works including plumbers, electricians, glaziers, gas engineers, gardeners and cleaners. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes.
6. From time to time we may contact you by telephone, post or email about other relevant products and services from Fig Tree Real Estate Limited and its business partners. You may opt-out of receiving mailings by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. We may need to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area into countries where there may not be adequate protection of your personal data, although we will do what we reasonably can to ensure adequate protection.
Your explicit consent
In respect of each of the uses described in 4, 5, 6, and 7 above you hereby explicitly consent to such use.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact our Compliance Manager at email@example.com in writing.
YOU CAN WITHDRAW ANY ASPECT OF YOUR CONSENT AT ANY TIME by contacting our Compliance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address details given below in writing but please note that this is likely to have an impact upon the services we can provide to you.